The DeLorme inReach SE package includes:
- DeLorme inReach SE
- AC adaptor (US plug only)
- USB cable
- Pack clip
- Quickstart guide
- Compose email or SMS address on the fly, or select from your phone or email contacts
- Compose and send messages up to 160 characters with or without a companion device
- View incoming messages and receive alert sounds and LED light confirmations for delivery confirmation
- Post to Facebook, Twitter, or your own shared map
- Send and receive 160-character, free-form messages to and from email address, and other inReach users. View and respond to incoming messages directly on the screen.
- Convenient, quick messaging — Send simple, predefined messages to email and cell phone contacts for anticipated situations.
- Delivery confirmation – Audible alerts, built-in LED light, and on-screen cues confirm communication with the satellite and indicate two-way message delivery.
Although advertised by DeLorme as having SMS capability it’s not recommend using SMS as a method of communication with the DeLorme inReach. This is because Iridium does not have have agreements in place with all mobile network providers. Therefore SMS sending and receiving can be unreliable. It is better to use email messaging which is far more reliable.
- Trigger an SOS from anywhere in the world with automatic GPS location tracking. Interact with 24-hour emergency monitoring center via two-way messaging to describe the nature of your distress in detail and stay in touch throughout the rescue process.
- Automatic location tracking
Your pushbutton-activated SOS alert is delivered to the GEOS International Emergency Response Coordinating Center, a 24/7/365 U.S.-based operation with highly-trained staffers who will coordinate with the appropriate response entity for your location and situation.
Follow-me/Find-me Tracking and Location
- Turn on and off tracking to share your GPS coordinates, course, speed and elevation in real-time with friends and family.
- User-selected tracking interval (10 minutes to 4 hours)
- GPS position accuracy to within 5 meters
- View tracking breadcrumbs online
- Connect wirelessly via Bluetooth
- Navigate with confidence using DeLorme Topo North America maps, DeLorme Digital Atlas of the Earth maps or NOAA Charts
- Unlike streaming maps, your downloaded maps remain available even when outside of cellular coverage
- Free app for smartphone users at iTunes.com or Googleplay.com enables free map downloads
- Colour screen offers an easily understood visual display and satellite signal status
- Predictive virtual keyboard makes for easy text message and email composition
2 Year Warranty
- The DeLorme inReach SE comes with a 2 year warranty.
- Transform your mobile device into a global satellite communication and navigation tool when you pair your inReach via Bluetooth with our Earthmate app:
- Real-time GPS location, tracking and text messages are overlaid on the digital maps for easy navigation and position location from anywhere in the world.
- Unlimited downloadable topographic maps and NOAA charts on your paired mobile device when downloaded via an Internet connection. Unlike streaming maps on most cellphone apps, downloaded DeLorme maps remain cached in the Earthmate app even when you’re outside cellular coverage.
- Automatically syncs with your mobile device’s address book for easy message sending
- View all your previous trips and messages
- Give family and friends peace of mind with the ability to see your GPS coordinates, breadcrumb trail and initiate a message exchange with you from DeLorme’s exclusive MapShare portal.
- Manage your inReach device with our Explore portal, including:
- Pre-load messages to your inReach.
- Set-up access to your social media accounts.
- View all your previous trips and messages.
- Manage your account and settings, including emergency contacts.
- Update your inReach firmware.